CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF HIMACHAL PRADESH
Home > Academics > Schools of Studies
> EDUCATION > Vision & Mission
The School of Education envisages to be a world leader in preparing professionals who will provide exemplary leadership in educational arena to transform lives of individuals following cultural trajectory from vyashti (individual) to samashti (collective/societal) to shrushti (nature/cosmos) culminating in parameshti (Ultimate/Supreme Consciousness), in a changing and complex glocal society (Vasudhaiva kutumbakam), and thus establishing Education as an intellectual discipline having its own territory with sound theoretical understanding deeply rooted in global as well as Indian socio-cultural ethos.
The mission of the School of Education is to help prepare outstanding Educators in general and Teacher Educators in particular and education researchers in various disciplines to advance the profession of education through active and innovative research related to science and art of epistemology and the pedagogy and management of education. It will ensure effective use of Information Communication Technology in research analysis and development of leadership and educational policy. The School seeks to be inter-disciplinary by taking up research in science education, mathematics education, environment education and social science and management education.
The objectives of the School of Education are:
- Integration of theoretical and practical epistemological and pedagogical practices
- Furtherance of knowledge base through non-conventional and innovative research
- Provide leadership to promote education as a discipline and engage scholars in intellectual discussion for the evolution of knowledge.
- Help prepare educational professionals to be recognized for the quality and significance of their research, scholarship, service, outreach and leadership.
- Provide leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning and assessment of educational outcomes
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship.
- Develop collaborative and professional relationship with colleges/departments of education and educational organizations focused on the improvement of education in schools, and colleges of education.
- Sustain a caring, supportive and understanding climate throughout the school of education for the creation and construction of knowledge.
- Enhance effective and efficient management of the School of Education at both the levels - human as well as material resources.
- Involvement in community development and workplace settings as part of social responsibility.
- Inspire young people to be educational leaders, by engaging them in exciting mentoring-based programmes that build knowledge and skills, that inspire innovation, and that foster well-rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership capabilities.
The School will have its own International Journal on Education, a Newsletter and a Wall Magazine. It will have its own club known as Club de-Educare. The School will organize Professional Development Programme as its compulsory aspect. The School will organize various seminars/conferences/colloquium/workshops from time to time. The School will collaborate with various experts, institutions and organizations in the field at the National and International level for the effective mentoring of its students and faculty.