Prof. O. S. K. S. Sastri
Udbhav Kendra: Incubation Center, CUHP
The eco-system for encouraging innovations and inspiring prototype development that could be incubated to create successful startups has been created over a period of time in a systematic fashion in our university.
The following centres/councils have been setup and operationalised with specific goals to acheive the desired outcomes from research and teaching:
Step 1: To inspire innovation in research and teaching, the university has set up with clear objectives:
Institution Innovation Council(IIC)
- Identify local problems in the society
- Build team of experts from various disciplines to explore solution space for identified problems
- Setup teams for multi-pronged approach to solve the problem
- Come up with an innovation that addresses the issue
University Industry Interface(UIC)
- Interact with experts from industry
- Identify mutual areas of interest to work towards betterment of products and services
- Create vocational courses to be designed, developed, accredited and implemented towards acheiving NEP-2020 goals
- Execute research projects collectively by utilising the expertise from both the parties
Open Educational Resorces(OER)
- Create educational content consisting of teaching, learning and research materials in any medium, digital or otherwise, that lie in the public domain
- Released under an open license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation
- Redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions.
Massive Open Online Courses(MOOCs) cells
- Create courses using four quadrant approach as per standards mandated by UGC guidelines
- Mange courses from in-house servers
- Deploy courses on Swayam platform to encourage both facuty and students to enhance their capabilities for creation and transfer of knowledge.
Step 2: To encourage enterpreneurial mindset and capablities, the university has set up with clear objectives:
Centre for Entrepreneurship & Innovation:
- How to come up with an idea for an enterprise by researching the market needs and finding innovative solutions
- How to setup once own enterprise: legal and administrative process, tie-ups with various vendors who will supply the raw material and other products, approaching various financiers, building the team with clear assignment of roles.
- How to develop expertise for running the enterprise:
- (a) Management skills : HR, Leadership, Bussiness organisation
- (b) Marketting skills : Supply chain, digital domain expertise, advertising
- (c) Accounting and finance skills : product pricing, investment, insurance.
University Patent Cell
- Create appropriate content for their ideas and innovations to be ready for patenting
- Apply for national and international patents through proper procedure
- Follow through with the process to ensure successful patents for the stakeholders
Deen Dayal Upadyay Kendra:
- To provide knowledge and skills relating to a profession so that they are work ready.
- To integrate NSQF with the undergraduation in order to enhance employability of the graduates by meeting industry requirements.
Udhbav Kendra: Incubation Centre
- To promote new technology/innovation based startups.
- To enhance domain knowledge/skills to develop innovative products /services
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions, industries, and other institutes.
Empowered Committee (EC) of Udbhav Kendra, CUHP
|Name of the Person
|Executive Head of the EMPANELLED INCUBATOR
|Prof. O.S.K.S. Sastri
Director, Udbhav Kendra
|Ex - Officio Chairperson
|One representative of the Government of HP's promoter agency, in present case representative of Directorate of industries
|One representative of the industry/ industry association
|Mr. Sunil Kumar Rajak
Founder CEO, DoMyRepair startup
|One representative of the financial institutions
|One representative from the academic community of the host institutions
|Prof. A. K. Mahajan
|One R&D expert
|Prof. Deepak Pant
|Empanelled Incubator Manager
|Dr. Sarvesh Kumar
Calls for Proposal