The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 envisages the promotion of quality research within the Higher Education system to enhance quality education, research, innovation and technology development.
The main purpose of this Research and Development Cell in Central University of Himachal Pradesh is to create an organizational structure with role-based functions of RDC, to formulate research policy for the promotion research in the university, to identify thrust area of research, and to form cluster groups/frontline teams and consortia for the researchers.
The university has already formulated a research policy for the promotion of research and innovation with a focus to take the benefits of the research and development outcomes to stakeholders and public at large.
To put in place a robust mechanism for developing and strengthening the research ecosystem within HEIs, aligned with the provisions of NEP-2020.
The Research & Development Cell of Central University of Himachal Pradesh will encourage the faculty members and scholars to attend conferences, seminars, workshops, faculty development programmes organized by reputed national and international scientific, academic, research and professional institutions and bodies.
The Cell has created a Centre for Research under which Ph.Ds. programmes are offered. The admissions process is being conducted by the R&D cell in coordination with the office of the Controller of Examinations for all the Departments of the University.
|S.No.||Name of the Committee||Member|
|I||Finance & Infrastructure Committee||1. Prof. Mohinder Singh, Dean, School of Commerce & Managment Studies
2. Prof. Sanjeet Singh, Professor & Head, Dept. of Econimics
3. Dr. Surender Pratap, Department of Physics & Astronomical Science
|II||Research Program, Policy Development Committee||1. Prof. Mohinder Chand, Head & Professor, Centre for promotion of Ecological, Adventure, Health & Cultural Tourism
2. Dr. Rajender Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of Animal Science
3. Dr. Reshma Sinha, Assistant Professor, Department of Animal Science
|III||Collaboration & Community Committee||1. Dr. Shashi Punam, Head & Associate Professor, Department of Social Work
2. Dr. Ambreen Jamali, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Social Work
3. Dr. Deepak Kumar Vaishnav, Assistant Professor, Dept. of New Media.
|IV||Product Development, Monitoring Commercialization Committee||1. Prof. Suman Sharma, Professor & Dean, school of Tourism & Travel Management
2. Dr. Munish Sharma, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Plant Science
3. Dr. Harish Kumar, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Tourism & Travel Management
|V||IPR, Legal & Ethical Matters Committee||1. Dr. Mahesh Kulharia, Director & Associate Professor, Centre for Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
2. Dr. Manish Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry & Chemical Science
3. Dr. Pradeep Chouksey, Associate Professor & Head, Department of Computer Science & Informatics